Making original prints - from the beginning


I thought I should say two things:

Flamborough Head Acrylic Sketch
Flamborough Head, Yorkshire, UK. Acrylic on paper. En plein air art.

1) This blog is not dead - yet, maybe..., and...
2) I'm going to attempt an exercise which I think will be of interest, and that is: explaining how I make original fine art prints, from the very start of the process. 


It's not going to be as easy as it might sound. Explaining exactly what you do is "a bit of a facer", when you usually "just get on with it", and never give it much thought, concentrating instead on thinking about how the art should look, rather than about how it's getting made. Especially when you're a 'draw-er', not a word-smithy.

I think it will be good to do though, because it'll help me be a better printmaker. Plus it'll mean that when anyone asks - and they do every now and again - I'll have an answer.