Scarborough and Whitby - Grand days out by the sea!

Phew, I've been busy! Two new print editions and two new oil paintings. I'm really pleased with the lino prints which make a great pair. Scarborough and Whitby are two seaside towns on the East Coast, Yorkshire, UK.

Classic sandy beaches and historic monuments such as Whitby Abbey and Scarborough Castle, both visible in the prints respectively, make both of these towns well worth a visit. They are very different in character, just like the prints.

Scarborough and Whitby Lino prints
Scarborough and Whitby Lino Prints

Each print has a couple of hand painted layers to them which makes them what's called a 'varied limited edition'. This simply means that though they are essentially the same, each print in each of the two editions has the subtle individuality which results from something hand painted. The hand painted bit is when I ink-up a lino block as normal, but then pick up a paint brush and paint into the ink before printing it onto the paper. If you look at my collection of lino prints, you'll see I often do this at some point in the process of making a print. Can't seem to keep my hands off paint brushes.


 To see these individually, visit my original-prints pages on my website.